- STPM Terminal
- STPM Examination Timetable
- STPM Syllabus
- Regulations and Schemes of Examination
- Guidelines for 2012 Registration
- Change/Addition/Reduction of Subject(s)/Transfer of Examination Centre
- Change of Examination Centre
- Use by State of Education/PPD/School/Institution
- Appeals for Remarking of STPM Examinations papers
- STPM Certificates
- Notices and circulars related to MEC
- Guidelines on SMS Services
- Important dates for JPN/schools/candidates
- Steps that should be taken by the Examination Secretary of Schools/Institutions
- Steps that should be taken by the Desk Officer of State Education Departments
- Registration of Private Individual Candidates
- MeSP Manual
- SMS Manual
- MEC Awards
- Online Service Statistic
- Photo, Audio & Video Gallery
MITPE is an examination to assess the level of competency of Information Technology (IT) professionals in Malaysia. It is recognised by the Japan Information Technology Engineers Certification (JITEC-IPA) from the Ministry of Trade and Industry (METI), Japan. Since 2002, Multimedia Enhancement Technology Operation Sdn Bhd (METEOR)was given the responsibility to implement the ITPE examination in Malaysia. The MITPE examination has been conducted by Malaysian Examinations Council since October 2005.
MITPE will add value in terms of knowledge and IT skills to IT professionals in Malaysia. The workforce will be more competitive and more ready to face challenges in the global market.
The benefit of IT Professional Examination In Malaysia
- To encourage students and workers to abide by the standards of IT skills and the best practice.
- To ensure graduate students and workers have the basic knowledge, competency and skills in IT which internationally recognised and this will give them better opportunities to get jobs.
Is MITPE recognised by the IT industry?
Yes. The IT Skill Standards Committee was formed to ensure the IT curriculum and the competency level of IT professionals is of a high standard. The IT committee members include MOHE, JPA, 17 public institutions of higher learning, Open University Malaysia, SIRIM, PIKOM, MCMC, MDC, MAMPU and other public sectors.
MITPE is also automatically recognised by METI, Japan. Hence, a successful candidate has a higher chance of ontaining employment at Japanese firms in Malaysia.
Is MITPE beneficial in the job market?
An IT professional who has a MITPE certificate is recognised as a qualified IT professional.
Who should attend this programme?
Graduates and working adults/ IT professionals who want to enhance their skill and IT competency through MITPE certification.
Who recognise the certificate?
The Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia recognises MITPE's certification.